DUI's for H1-B's and F-1's: What to do

If you are a noncitizen on a nonimmigrant visa and get arrested for a DUI, you will get a notice from the U.S. Consulate in your country of origin that there has been a prudential revocation of your visa.

This does not mean you are out of status or that you have to leave. What it means is that when you do travel outside the U.S. or need to restamp your visa, you will be referred for a medical examination. You will be questioned about why you were arrested for DUI. You could be denied admission back to the U.S. depending on whether the civil surgeon doing the examination thinks that you may be a danger on account of drinking and driving.

Be proactive: let me tell you what you need to do to pass the medical exam and avoid inadmissibility.

Please call our office for an appointment today. We can talk over the phone if you are not close to my office after payment of a consultation fee. I have a plan to prove to the consulate that you are not a danger of drinking and driving anymore. Call today. Don't wait until it is too late. You need to get started immediately.